Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan MoFo - Day One







"Chipotle Basil Corn Chowder"

To celebrate the start of Vegan MoFo and the beginning of Fall weather we decided to make our favorite soup “Chipotle Basil Corn Chowder” from Vegan Yum Yum (displayed here in the gorgeous pumpkin Momma Veg collected at Whole Foods). If you like corn with a touch of spice you will love this soup. The Chipotle gives it a little kick. Corn to me is a comfort food. I didn’t realized how much I loved it until I became vegan and starting eating a more whole foods diet. Sometimes corn is almost like a desert to me. I crave it like I do sweets. I want it almost every day but I stop myself so I won’t get sick of it.  

1 comment:

  1. What a cute presentation with the chowder. I love that you are a mom and daughter doing this together! Looking forward to your posts. Happy MoFo!

    ReplyDelete