Monday, October 17, 2011

Vegan MoFo - Beet & Apple Salad with Maple Dressing


Growing up I always hated beets and Momma Veg loved them. Now I love them too. I think the main reason I hated them for all of those years is because no one knew how to cook them or what to put with them. I like them baked and that’s it. You can put them in a salad but I’m not sure I would like them in anything else. Momma Veg found this recipe on Woman’s Day online.










6 small fresh beets, trimmed

1 each small Royal Gala and Granny Smith apples, cut into thin wedges
1 bag (4 to 5 oz) baby arugula
1 large Belgian endive, cut in strips


Preparation:
Clean & wrap beets in foil separately on baking pan in oven for 45 minutes until tender. When cool enough to handle, hold under running water, rub off skins and cut into chunks.

Mix:
Pour maple dressing into a large bowl. Add apples, arugula and endive, toss to mix and coat. Divide salad among 6 plates and add beets.

Maple Dressing
1/3cup balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup

Mix all ingredients together.

No comments:

Post a Comment