Monday, June 10, 2013

VVC 2013 Day Two

SATURDAY, MAY 25
8:00 – 9:15 Portland Vegan Breakfast ShowcaseThis was such a great idea. Our favorites were the breakfast pizza from Sizzle Pie and the sliders from White Owl Social Club. And don’t forget the scones from Back to Eden. We were so full from trying everything I’m surprised we didn’t go into a food coma in the next class and fall asleep. How embarrassing would that have been!


Our classes for the day...

9:30 – 10:45 
1st Attempt: Developing & Teaching Kick-Ass Vegan Cooking Classes for Everyone - Fran Costigan

2nd Attempt: 
Ethics Beyond the Plate - Laura Beck, Jamie J. Hagen, Leigh-Chantelle, Erika Larson, John McDevitt
We enjoyed breakfast so much and chatting with folks at our table we didn’t leave early to go to the next class. Even though we got there before the class was supposed to start we were refused. The class was too full and they weren't  letting anyone else in. So disappointing. I really wanted to see Fran and it made me nervous that it would happen to other classes. It made me want to leave other classes before they were over so I wouldn’t have to miss the ones I really wanted to take.

11:00 – 12:00 Privacy Lines & Oversharing - Sayward Rebhal, moderator, Dreena Burton, Joanna Vaught, Susan Voisin



12:15 – 1:15 Lunch in the Ballroom: Portland-Style Build-a-Bowl

 1:15 – 2:00
Exhibitor Spotlight & Vegan Battle Royale, with Amey, Kittee & MoThe Vegan Battle Royale was fun but I didn’t participate because let’s be honest I would have embarrassed myself. There were prizes on our seats when we got into the ballroom. I was happy to get another Hurraw lip balm. Yeah! 

2:15 – 3:00 Finding Balance: Blogging & Personal Life - J Hagen, G Hamshaw, K Peloza

To be honest we almost fell asleep in this class. It wasn’t boring. We just had too much to eat for breakfast and stuffed our faces during lunch. Luckily we made it through. The bad thing is we were in the second row. I would have hated for the speakers to think we weren’t enjoying the discussion. 



3:15 – 4:00 The Other Side: A Reader’s Perspective - Maeve Connor, Gabrielle Pope, Jess Sconé

4:15 – 5:00 Incorporating Your Other Creative Talents into Your Blog-
Cadry Nelson
Another one of my favorite classes. Cadry is a great speaker. She showed a couple of videos that were awesome. I hope she is a speaker again at the next one. 

You must visit her blog and watch her videos!
http://cadryskitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment