Tuesday, June 11, 2013

VVC 2013 Day Three

SUNDAY, MAY 26

Today the buffet had a healthier fare. Thank god because all the rich food I was eating was starting to make me feel bad.

Today’s schedule..

9:45 – 11:00  Advanced Photography - Susan Voisin
This was another of our favorites. We probably learned to most in this class. We are about to buy ourselves a better camera. Right now we just have a point and shoot small camera that I carry in my purse. Thanks to Susan we learned a few tricks and tips for us to use when we do buy our camera. 

11:15 – 12:15  Recipe Creation & Testing - Terry Hope Romero


12:30 – 1:15  Lunch in the Ballroom: The Sandwich Board


 1:45 – 2:30 Artful Food Photography - Kelly Peloza


2:45 – 3:30 
1st Attempt:Tech for Effective Web Presence - Jason Das

2nd Attempt: Veganism & Social Justice - Maeve Connor, Jamie J. Hagen, Erika Larson
I really wanted to attend the Tech class since my blog is basic. By the time we got to the class it was standing room only. Since this was the last class we were tired and didn’t want to stand. The class was in the same building as the museum gift shop so we looked around for a bit then went to Veganism and Social Justice which surprisingly wasn’t full.

3:45 – 4:15 Closing Address

In Summary

We had a great time meeting fellow vegans and catching up with others that we had met at the first VVC.
The food was good. I liked the mix of indulging a little (breakfast showcase) and eating a little healthier (Bob's oats, Attune cereal). The buffet was a great way to sample things we haven't tried before like the Uptons Seitan Bacon.
For VVC3 I would love to see more classes like my top 3 favorites (Food Styling, Advanced Food Photography, and Cadry Nelson’s class) or anything with our favorite speaker Terry Hope Romero. 
My only disappointment was some of the class sizes. The "West" classroom was too small. The only reason I got a seat in one of the classes in that room is because I left the class before it early. We didn't want to be rude but we weren't going to miss Cadry Nelson.


No comments:

Post a Comment