Friday, March 9, 2012

EarthyVeg’s THREE CITY ADVENTURE - DAY EIGHT


CITY #3 – Washington, DC

Day Two

We woke up to colder weather and rain. The temperature had dropped about 20 degrees and was in the low 40’s/ upper 50’s. To a Texan who just came from 90 degree heat the week before this is FREEZING. Luckily we had come prepared. First up we walked to the Library of Congress. This has to be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It is enough to make you cry. I would move into that place if I could. Absolutely gorgeous. 






Next we walked by the Supreme Court and the Capital Building to the National Gallery of Art. I knew a couple of paintings by my favorite artist (Elisabeth Vigee Le Brun) were there so I wasn’t going to miss it. I was not disappointed. The art was amazing. 



They also had the best gift shop. After seeing my paintings we hopped on the metro to Busboys and Poets. This was by far the best place we ate in DC. We had the quesadillas (Momma Veg still can’t stop talking about them) and the Tempeh Panini. So good. [Thank you to Danielle and Jared from the VVC group for recommending this place]







We were pretty tired so we stopped by Whole Foods for a few things and grabbed a couple slices of no cheese Mediterranean pizza to take home for dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment